Devil Dogs┬« S'Mores Truffles
Delicious Devil Dogs are transformed into scrumptious mini s'mores truffles! This recipe is perfect for a summer cookout or as a fun family recipe to create with the kids. Using simple, easy ingredients, grab a box of your favorite cakes and try them tonight!
Makes 12 Servings
2 Cartons Drake's Devil Dogs (12-15 Devil Dogs)
8 Oz. Block Cream Cheese, Softened
1 Package Mini Marshmallows
1 1/2 Pound Chocolate Bark or Microwavable Chocolate Melts
1 Sleeve Graham Crackers
Marshmallow Fluff, Optional Topping
Skewer or Fork
- Microwave or leave the cream cheese block at room temperature so it is softened.
- Begin unwrapping and breaking apart 12-15 Devil Dogs. Add in cream cheese and begin gently mixing.
- Once the mixture is able to hold its form, begin rolling small amounts into balls. If the mixture needs to be thickened, use the extra creme from the additional Devil Dogs.
- Once rolled into small balls, begin placing one mini marshmallow in the middle of each one so the marshmallow is enclosed by the mixture.
- After each truffle has a marshmallow in the middle, place them onto a tray and refrigerate for an hour.
- While the truffles are cooling in the fridge, melt the chocolate bark in a boiler or microwave.
- If using chocolate bark, a small amount of coconut oil will help it to melt without scorching. Or use microwavable chocolate melts.
- Set aside on low so it does not burn or boil.
- Using the graham crackers, smash the sleeve in a zipped bag so they are pieces.
- Remove the truffles from the fridge and using a skewer or fork, begin fully coating each one in the melted chocolate.
- Place on a parchment-lined tray and top with the crushed graham crackers and additional marshmallows or drizzle marshmallow fluff on top.
- Place back in the fridge to cool and harden for at least 30-minutes.
- Remove and enjoy! Store any extras in the fridge or freezer.
You can also use extra mini marshmallows as toppers or marshmallow fluff for drizzling.